Tuesday, June 5, 2007

9,489.....9,490!

Today is my 26th birthday.

I'm finding 26 to be sort of a tough age. Yesterday somebody asked me how old i was, and the shock and awe that registered on their face when i answered was a surprise to me. That was until i looked around me and realized i had beer on the front of my shirt from my most recent keg stand, and my cell phone was ringing to the tune of Avril Lavigne's "Girlfriend".

Okay, so i don't necessarily "act my age", but as someone with a penchant for stalking schoolies, i've always been of the mind that age ain't nothing but a number. I don't FEEL like i'm 26. i still have dreams of being a professional figure skater or possibly winning a gold medal in the pommel horse one day. Clearly the only reason neither of those things is going to happen is because of my advanced age. It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm built like a duck-billed platypus and i have the coordination of a can of baked beans.

26 is four years from 30. 30 is 10 years from 40. Then i'm pretty much dead.

So i guess i'm starting to understand the idea that life is short. However if the space time continuum seems to have shifted to shorten months and years, why the FUCK does the work day still seem like it's 1,000,000 hours long???

2 comments:

Oakley said...

BINOS NOW!! Schoolies on the pier!!

Oakley said...

oh, also, you're still up for that pommel horse gold Mary Lou.