Thursday, May 24, 2007

It's All About SEO

I work at a tech company.* At least there are tech people here. I mean people at my company say "tech" a lot. At any rate, my current vocation exposes me to those in the tech field. Hence, i think that i have more technology awareness than that of the average bear. One word that keeps popping up, like drunk me at the bar where the dude I stalk is hanging out with his girlfriend, is SEO. For you folks that aren't quite as tech-savvy as myself, that stands for "Search Engine Optimization". This is the process by which we try to get our site to return higher in search results on search engines like Google and Yahoo.** So AT ANY RATE, back to how this pertains to me. The name of the blog game is to get lots of people to sign up for your shit, right? So I says to myself, I says: "Self, let's come up with some hella good keywords." That way when people perform a search for any of the sick keywords i conjure up this neophyte blog will be one of the first results. So lets think about some words that people search often, and then let's make them bold and capitalized so the search engines can SEE them better:
FISTING
PARIS
LOHAN
PING PONG BALLS
GOLDEN SHOWER
CAMERON DIAZ
DIRTY SANCHEZ
JAQUE CHIRAC
ATTACK
IRAQ
PENILE

Methinks that should get me started. Google, prepare to meet your new Queen.

*Note: I'm not really sure what my company does. I have a drinking problem.
**Note: That might not really be what it is, but if anybody out there dares to correct me I will turn this car around and we won't go get ice cream again for like two weeks. I can't stand to be corrected.

3 comments:

Keyser Soze said...

Correction: It's actually Jacque Chirac.

Uuummm...... said...

Dear Lauryn,

You clearly have no concept of SEO. Nobody knows how to spell his name, so clearly most people would search for the way I spelled it.

Silly girl. Go back to editing Alpo labels or whatever it is that you do.

Oakley said...

I'm riiiiiiich biiiyyyatch!

Clean up my diarrhea!